Monday, April 17, 2017

Repairs to the rotary hoe

The axles and shafts they spin in were fused together after decades of sitting outside and being exposed to the elements. I needed to get them apart and spinning freely.



By putting a piece of 3/4" x 1/8" strap in the slit I cut in the outer tube, the outside tube's diameter increased just enough to allow the rusty inner pipe to move freely.





I put some grease on the tire shafts and put them back in the sleeves. Now it's time to take the hoe up to the John Deere dealer and have them lift it off the trailer. Then I'll pull it, on the newly functioning tires, back to the farm.